Talking about investment in fashion as a man, doesn't really have to be expensive, it's all about discovering what style suits you, and what doesn't suit your look. Then you upgrade by focusing on the style that suits you, and ignore the ones that doesn't amplify your look.
Here's what to do, if you want to upgrade your fashion and style as a man.
- Don't abandon your face
- Choose your haircut wisely
- Review your wardrobe
- Shop wisely
- Choose fitted clothes
- Own a pair of suit
- Own pairs of denim
- Smell good at all time
- Match your shoe and belt
- Wear the right footwear
- Get a stylish wrist watch/bracelets
- Wear colours that compliment your skin shade
1. Don't abandon your face: The face is one of the most important part of the body, when it comes to fashion and style. The face is like a mirror, and to avoid cracks, you have to take good care of it, start by exfoliating with facial astringents twice a week to remove dead skin cells, that causes aging and acne. Also it is important to choose, mild and organic soap for your face, since the facial skin is the most fragile and sensitive of all skins. A harsh medicated soap could cause facial skin irritation and dryness. Also use facial creams that moisturises and protects the face from sun, creams with Sun Protection Formula (SPF) 12 and above is suitable for protection against sun's UV rays, that accelerates the aging process. Above all avoid skin creams that contains mercury and other harmful components, at best use organic or herbal products for best facial look.
2. Choose your haircut wisely: Your hair has a great influence on how you look, therefore it is important to nurture it, so as to avoid breakages, dandruff and baldness. If you run a busy schedule, it is advisable to keep low cut, since you won't have time to shampoo and treat your hair often. Also if you have an oblong face, it is better to keep the beard and hair short so you won't look weird, also your head won't look too big. Leave the big hair cut and beards for those with short face and small head. As a matter of fact, you could also experiment with three or more haircuts till you find the one that amplifies your look and confidence, you will know when you find it, because you will look different in a classy and attractive way.
3. Review your wardrobe: This is very important, because sometimes we tend to focus on a particular set of clothes, may be because they are easily accessible, and we don't want to dig deep in to our wardrobe, thus, these set of clothes get old easily, where as we have clothes we've not worn more that once in our wardrobe. Also reshuffle by keeping the frequently worn clothes away and bringing the long abandoned one to the surface. This is more like shopping from your own wardrobe, it cost you nothing but few hours depending on how big your clothing collection is. This also helps to decongest the wardrobe, because you could give out the old set of clothes. It is also important to attach each shirts to a matching trousers, for easy selection and orderliness.
4. Shop wisely: Sometimes, we go to the mall with a list of the clothes we want to buy, and we end up buying more than what we need, resulting in congestion and abandonment of clothes in the wardrobe for a long period. It is therefore advisable, to stick to your clothing budget and save for future shopping, instead of buying clothes you don't need at the moment. It is also important to observe your clothes pattern and prints, so you don't end up buying similar kind of clothes, hereby resulting in duplicates. Only your whites shirts and
T-shirts should be in duplicates, and you can even buy different patterns, for uniqueness.
5. Choose fitted clothes: It is very important to wear your perfect size, clothes that are over size or under size usually kill style and value, irrespective of how much you buy them. If you can't get your perfect size, visit a tailor, who will take your measurements, and adjust your clothes to your perfect size. No matter what you do, wear your size, for comfort and confidence.
6. Own a pair of suit: Every modern and fashionable man, should own at least a pair of well tailored suit. Suit usually commands respect and you look classy, also a job interview or wedding may come up, so it doesn't matter what your job or lifestyle is, as a man, you must own well tailored suit.
7. Own pairs of denim: Denim has a way of bringing out the sultry side of our look. Be it denim shit, jacket, trousers, just do it, you don't have to look corporate at all time. Casual style works well with denim and
T-shirt or dress shirt. Versatility matters a lot in fashion, so add pairs of denim to your clothing collection and become more attractive.
8. Smell good at all time: There's nothing as repulsive as a bad body odor, every modern man, should own a collection of cologne, perfume and fragrance. Men are usually active all through the day, hence sweat a lot, and get exposed to dirty and other environmental elements. It is therefore easy to develop a body odor, if a man ignores his cologne and other body fragrances. So many cheap brands of colognes and perfumes are out there, so money shouldn't be an issue. Also when you smell good, you naturally attract positive attention and admiration from female and even your fellow men and colleagues. Furthermore, good smell boost self esteem and attractiveness.
9. Match your shoe and belt: The first rule of fashion every guy should observe, is shoe matching with belt. Your belt color music not negate your shoe. Also keep your shoe polished at all time, and never wear a worn out belt or shoe. A fashion stylist one said " your shoe speaks a lot about you" . Therefore it is important to match your shoe with your belt.
10. Wear the right footwear: There's a particular footwear for every occasion. It is important to separate your running sneakers from your casual sneakers and party sneakers. Running shoes are meant for the gym and other form of sporting activities. Also loafers should be worn on corporate and casual outfits not at the beach or gym. Slippers are best suited for the beach. Further more, oxford leather shoes are for work and corporate events. Above all, keep your white sneakers or shoe neat, never wear a dirty or dusty shoe.
11. Get a stylish wrist watch/bracelets: Every modern guy wears wristwatch and bracelets as part of their fashion accessories, nowadays, wristwatches and bracelets are used to make a bold fashion statement, and it comes in different colors that easily blends with your outfits. So step up with a wristwatch and bracelet today.
12. Wear colours that compliment your skin shade: colours and skin tones plays a lot of role in the fashion world. It is therefore important you find the colours that suits your skin tone best,review your wardrobe and get a full isze mirror, then try out each outfits according to their respective colours, instantly you will see how different each colors of outfit affects your look, either positively or negative. Then when you've discovered the colours that compliment your skin tone, you should wear more of these colours. Normally those with warm or fair skin tone are expected to wear colours like gold,red, yellow, peach, amber,orange ,blue, and black. These colours blend naturally with fair skin stones, and gives you a rich and brighter look. While those with cool skin shade or darker tone are expected to wear white, gray, navy blue,pink, and deep purple. Avoid colours that washes out your skin tone, you don't want to look older than your age.
In conclusion, fashion has rules but no boundary, so keep an open mind and loosen up, try new style and fashion trend, never keep yourself boxed up, if you really wanna step up your fashion game and style. Keep it cool, stylish and classy. For more. Leave a comment below.